A new crew member reports for duty!
Hi, I'm Ksawery and I've joined the team as a producer. Time for a quick rundown on the project!
- We are finishing creating scenes for the trailer. It will include both cinematic and gameplay footage. Soon we'll enter the post-production phase of editing and sound mixing.
- Thanks to Digital Dragons Incubator we had a chance to present Black Resin on Demo Day. As a result, we are now discussing potential cooperation with several new publishers and one investor. Keep your fingers crossed!
- Since team members have daytime jobs, we introduced fixed weekly schedules. Now we know who can spend how many evenings on the project per week. This way we get a healthy routine, it's easier to plan sprints and avoid burnouts.
- Next week starts the experiment of "quiet days". The idea is simple: every team member gets one day of work when no one else can interrupt him with questions or calls. The goal is to create a better environment for creative focus by minimizing context switching.
- We started individually gathering data on how much time we think we need to complete tasks. After finishing the sprint we share how many hours we actually needed to finish our work. Based on that data it will be easier to see if individual team members have a tendency to over or under-estimate their capacity. That will lead to better sprint planning.
- Our current PM tool is Trello. Until now it served us really well, but it might change soon. After completing the trailer we are getting back to working on the vertical slice and upcoming tasks' complexity will only increase with time. That's why we started discussing switching to Jira. The jury is still out on that.
Have any thoughts? Do you want to talk to us? Feel free to join our: